All visitors are subject to security screening at the front entrance.
If you bring your own food or beverages, they can be brought into the museum through security, but they can only be consumed in the rest areas, and not in the exhibition halls.
If you bring luggage or other large items, they must pass through security screening and then they may be stored at the front desk while you visit the museum.
Any flammable or combustible items, sharp items, corrosive liquids, lighters, or other dangerous items are strictly prohibited at the museum.
No pets or animal are allowed in the museum.
Prohibited items must be disposed before entering the museum.
Smoking is not permitted in the museum, including the Café, rest area, toilets, and other public areas.
Please do not eat or drink in the exhibition halls.
During your visit, please maintain a safe distance from the artworks. Please do not touch the artworks.
Please do not engage in sales or promotional activities inside the museum.
Unless otherwise specified, photos may be taken in the museum. Please maintain a safe distance from artworks while viewing. Selfie sticks, flashes, and tripods are prohibited. No video recording is allowed in the museum without permission.Journalists requesting pictures or film for professional purposes should register at the front desk.
Please ensure that you dress appropriate properly for your visit. The CAFAM reserves the right to refuse entry to those who may be noncompliant.
Please keep the museum clean so that everyone may enjoy their visit.
Please silence your mobile phone during your visit and lower your voice in exhibition hall.
Please do not run, chase, climb, or lie down in the museum.
Please help us maintain a sound and a pleasant visiting environment. Thank you for your coorperation.
CAFA Art Museum Publication Authorization Agreement
I endow the CAFA Art Museum (CAFAM) with the publication right of images, pictures, texts, writings, and event products (such as works created during workshops) related to me from my participation in the museum’s activities and events (including museum member events) organized by the CAFA Art Museum Public Education Department. CAFA can publish these materials by electronic, web, or other digital means, and I hereby agree to be included in the China Knowledge Resource Bank, the CAFA Database, the CAFA Art Museum Database, and related data, documentation, and filing institutions and platforms. Regarding their use in CAFA and dissemination on the internet, I agree to make use of these rights according to the stated Rules.
CAFA Art Museum Event Safety Disclaimer
This event was organized based on the principles of fairness, impartiality, and voluntary participation and withdrawal. Participants undertake all risk and liability for themselves. All events have risks, and participants must be aware of the risks related to their chosen event.
Participants must abide by the laws and regulations of the People’s Republic of China, as well as moral and ethical norms. All participants must demonstrate good character, and respect for others.
Participants should be adults (people 18 years or older with full legal capacity). Underage persons must be accompanied by an adult.
Participants undertake full liability for their personal safety during the event, and participants are encouraged to purchase personal safety insurance. Provided that an accident occur during an event, persons not involved in the accident and the museum do not undertake any liability for the accident, but both have the obligation to provide assistance. Participants should actively organize and implement rescue efforts, but need not to undertake any legal or economic liability for the accident itself. The museum does not undertake civil or joint liability for the safety of event participants.
During the event, participants should respect the ruls of the event and ensure the security of the museum site, the artworks in displays, exhibitions, and collections. If an event causes any loss or damage to the museum property due to an individual, people who do not involved not involved in the accident and the museum do not undertake any liability for the loss. The participant must negotiate and provide compensation according to the relevant legal statutes and museum rules. The museum may sue for legal and financial liability.
Participants will participate in the event under the guidance of museum staff and event organizers and must correctly use the materials and tools provided for the event. If a participant causes injury or harm to him/herself or others while using them, or causes the damage or destruction to them, the event participant must take full responsibility and pay the compensation for the financial losses. People who do not involved in the accident and the museum need not to undertake any liability for personal accidents.
CAFA Art Museum Portraiture Rights Licensing Agreement
According to The Advertising Law of the People’s Republic of China, The General Principles of the Civil Law of the People’s Republic of China, and The Provisional Opinions of the Supreme People’s Court on Some Issues Related to the Full Implementation of the General Principles of the Civil Law of the People’s Republic of China, and upon friendly negotiation, Party A and Party B have reach the following agreement regarding the use of works bearing Party A’s image in order to clarify the rights and obligations of the portrait licenser (Party A) and the user (Party B):
I. General Provisions
(1) Party A is the portraiture rights holder in this agreement. Party A voluntarily licenses its portraiture rights to Party B for the purposes stipulated in this agreement and permitted by law.
(2) Party B (CAFA Art Museum) is a specialized, international modern art museum. CAFA Art Museum keeps pace with the times, and works on creating an open, free, and academic atmosphere for positive interaction with groups, corporations, institutions, artists, and visitors. With CAFA’s academic research as a foundation, the museum plans multi-disciplinary exhibitions, conferences, and public education events with participants from around the world, providing a platform for exchange, learning, and exhibition for CAFA’s students and instructors, artists from around the world, and the general public. As a public institution, the primary purposes of CAFA Art Museum’s public education events are academic and beneficial to society.
(3) Party B will photograph all CAFA Public Education Department events for Party A.
II. Content, Forms of Use, and Geographical Scope of Use
(1) Content. The content of images taken by Party B bearing Party A’s likeness include: ① CAFA Art Museum ② CAFA campus ③ All events planned or executed by the CAFAM Public Education Department.
(2) Forms of Use. For use in CAFA’s publications, products with CDs, and promotional materials.
(3) Geographical Scope of Use
The applicable geographic scope is global.
The media in which the portraiture may be used encompasses any media that does not infringe upon Party A’s portraiture rights (e.g., magazines and the internet).
III. Term of Portraiture Rights Use
Use in perpetuity.
IV. Licensing Fees
The fees for images bearing Party A’s likeness will be undertaken by Party B.
After completion, Party B does not need to pay any fees to Party A for images bearing Party A’s likeness.
(1) All matters not discussed in this agreement shall be resolved through friendly negotiation between both parties. Both parties may then sign a supplementary agreement, provided it does not violate any laws or regulations.
(2) This agreement comes into effect on the date that it is signed (sealed) and the relevant boxes are selected by Party A and Party B.
(3) This agreement exists in paper and electronic forms. The paper form is made in duplicate, with Party A and Party B each retaining one copy with the same legal efficacy.
Event participants implicitly accept and undertake all the obligations stated in this agreement. Those who do not consent will be seen as abandoning the right to participate in this event. Before participating in this event, please speak to your family members to obtain their consent and inform them of this disclaimer. After participants sign/check the required box, participants and their families will be seen as having read and agreed to these terms.
I have carefully read and agree to the above provisions.